Friday, April 1, 2016

Glamping...

So what is Glamping? It's just short for glamorous camping. The best example I've seen was in Yosemite National Park. We arrived in the campground and managed to get our 5th wheel wedged between the trees, surrounded by families on their last weekends of freedom before school. In the next loop was a beautiful, shiny Airstream in the best spot in the park. In the early afternoon, they began to set up a table for dinner. I think it seated about 10 or so, and lots of lights in jars and in the trees. Next came what I can only assume was a catered dinner, complete with wine service and someone to serve. Those people really threw a party. Everyone in the campground did so many laps, I imagine it created a nice breeze. Sigh. But I digress.

My friends in Albuquerque sometimes took issue with the idea that I left home in a 36 ft motorhome named Mona and wanted to call it camping. I think of it as camping, just not in the sense that I sleep on the ground or go without clean sheets and a shower. Who wants to do that, anyway?

Well, maybe a lot of people and Craig and myself in the past. We started in a pop-up camper and now travel in style and comfort. It was a dream to get out and see some of this great country.

Enter Alaska 2016. Can't wait to see what our little group comes up with. (The picture is from Q and that's Van in the foreground)

No comments:

Post a Comment